You will want to consider purchasing backpack accessories until you have selected the best backpack you want to carry with you. Backpack accessories can be helpful when it comes to maintaining your travel bag secure and in good shape on your journey, varying from protective items such as locks to covers to maintaining your backpack dry outside and damage-free throughout flights. You will be wearing it for long enough, so finding any of these valuable pieces is certainly worthwhile!.
You may need to bring some amazing accessories for your backpack when roaming throughout the country. To all visitors, these are so critical. Backpack accessories are small but important items for your wonderful journey in order to enjoy a great time staying on an airplane or a train or a bus for a long time. Once you purchase a backpack, remember to leave enough room to get any important accessories to the backpack!
Best Backpack Accessories – Overview
Backpack accessories such as packing cubes and water bladders will make it easier to locate and reach in your pack. External backpack accessories such as rain covers and pack liners shield your pack from the weather. Accessory straps and carabiners will help you hold additional equipment. And a backpack pouch is designed to serve as an extra pocket making it conveniently available for you to carry essential things. Such pouches stuck to the exterior of your bag to hold vital equipment within reach. It’s safer and more economical to buy an additional backpack attachment that snaps effortlessly on and off your pack than to wear a bag large enough to fit some adventure.
Best Backpack Accessories Reviews
1. Joy Walker Waterproof Backpack Rain Cover
Joy Walker Waterproof Backpack Rain Cover cover features lightweight and durable. The material this backpack cover is very complicated, and it’s compressed by 3 kinds of fabrics. Each of their function is different; the outer fabric is waterproof and inner fabric is to enhance the structure of the cover. Even the backpack cover consists of 3 kinds of fabrics, but the thickness is ultrathin.
Light rain, moderate rain, heavy rain is 1000, 2000, 3000mm. The waterproof coefficient of this backpack cover is 5000mm. 5000mm is the highest waterproof grade that is ideal for any rainy activities. Backpack cover features snowproof and not freeze in the snow. The fabric still remains flexible and perfect fit. Each cover comes with a velvet pouch to carry with.
- 300D Nylon
- Comes with a velvet pouch
- External fabric is rip-resistant
- Double waterproof coated layers
- Brand: Joy Walker
- It folds down really small
- The elastic is actually pretty nice – it does a very good job of holding the raincover to the backpack
- Storage pouch is useful
- The larger size has a strap running down the middle that allows it to be cinched down
- The only con is that liquid (rain and snow) doesn’t evaporate by themselves on the cover when it is inside for a while
2. Veken 6 Set Packing Cubes
Are you tired of fumbling inside your luggage and unpacking everything to look for an item the same old way? Concerned you will leave expensive items in the hotel? Use Veken 6 Set Packing Cubes to sort, organize, and find your things in a flash.
This packing cube system neatly packs all your clothes tightly into space-saving bags. Your clothes will not get crumpled during your travels. They’ve also included a laundry bag and a shoe bag with your cube set so that you can separate your dirty clothing from your fresh clothes and always have an extra pair of shoes wherever you go. Be sure to also check out our list of packing cubes for travel for more great items like this.
- 6 sets of cubes
- Water-resistant fabric
- Clothing labels
- Smooth and sturdy SBS zippers
- Brand: Veken
- There are 2 zippers so you don’t have to search for 1
- There is a little mesh window to help clothes breathe
- They are very sturdy and do not feel like they are going to rip or that the zipper will break at all
- A lot of color options
- Make sure to check the dimensions of what you want
3. CHERAINTI Hydration Bladder 2 Liter
The CHERAINTI Hydration Bladder 2 Liter is made of premium material. CHERAINTI water reservoir is taste-free, BPA free, SGS certified, and 100% food grade. The big opening makes for easy pouring of water. It is also fairly wide for a hand or bottle brush easily access to the interior hydration bladder. The 4” screw-on cap goes on and off easily. For cold water, simply add ice cubes directly from a scoop or refrigerator ice dispenser. The smooth inner of the water reservoir promotes health and is easy to clean.
This 2L water reservoir can withstand temperatures from -20 to 50 degrees Celsius. The tube resists temperature changes in hot and cold weather. L 14.2” x W 6.8” hydration bladder is compatible with most hydration packs. The tube (0.4” diameter, 40” long) provides a wholesome flow for easy drinking, keeping you hydrated when biking, cycling, hiking, or running! You won’t be slowed down with the high flow bite-valve. Simply bite the mouthpiece to suck water. You may also be interested in some of the best hydration running packs from our list, so check them out.
- High-flow bite valve with dust cover
- Drinking tube is detachable for better storage
- Wide opening for easy filling, cleaning, draining, and ice insertion
- Double soldering sealing side improves durability
- Brand: CHERAINTI
- Bladder does not leak and has a great seal
- The wide mouth makes it easy to clean the inside of the bladder
- Overall construction is good
- The face mask packed is a nice bonus and comes in handy when hiking on a dusty trail
- The bite valve would have been better at a 45 degree angle
4. FORGE TSA Approved Cable Luggage Locks
FORGE TSA Approved Cable Luggage Locks are designed from the ground up to be the toughest luggage locks around. Our special alloy lock bodies, tightly braided and sheathed steel cables, hardened steel cable lock ends as well as patented internal mechanisms that can take such a pounding. These combination locks have an easy to use lever mechanism to set the combination.
Cable locks can handle situations that normal lock shackles simply can’t. These lock’s cable is thin enough to thread through all standard sized zippers and hard case lock holes but strong enough to protect your belongings. At a length of 4 in from end to end and an internal looped length of 1.5 in when locked, these cable offers the flexibility to secure nearly any suitcase, hard case, gun case, etc. on the market. Make sure you also check our selection of the best lightweight carry-on luggage.
- Special alloy lock bodies
- Hardened steel cable lock ends
- Patented internal mechanism
- TSA approved
- Brand: Forge
- Easy to set up
- The locks themselves are very durable and feel sturdy
- The cable is long enough to lock the main compartment and reach up to the outer zipper
- This lock does not feel cheap and is all metal
- It could have one of those little color spots to see if tsa opened it
5. Hibag 12 Travel Compression Bags
The Hibag 12 Travel Compression Bags includes 12 bags (6 M size & 6 L size), saving up to 80% space no vacuum needed, providing a perfect storage solution for travel and home. The zipper has one lower side and one higher side, easy to close and re-open, separating the zipper when opening the bag is not a challenge anymore!
The unique double-zip design has separated yellow and blue lines on each side. Secure sealing is assured when they coincide. Stay-one clips prevent clips from falling off the zipper or missing. The accident that a bag is useless just because the small clip is missing will never happen again. No need to use a vacuum cleaner or an electric pump or a hand pump to suck the air out. You only need to roll the bag from the zipper to the bottom and air is all pushed out. It’s perfect on the go. Find more great products like this by checking out our guide to the best compression bags for travel.
- 12 bags (6 M size & 6 L size)
- Easy to open and close zippers
- Double zip design
- Stay-on clips
- Brand: Hibag
- Thicker plastic that holds up well for many packs
- The zip top was easy to use and easy to see
- These bags seal tight
- Easy to use
- The bags do seem to compress well but you need a lot of hand strength to roll the bags
6. Clakit Smartphone Strap Pack
The Clakit Smartphone Strap Pack attaches to a shoulder strap or belt up to 3 inches wide. Fits most backpacks, sling packs, tactical packs, travel packs, purses, baby carriers, golf bags, sports bags, and more. Clakit StrapPacks are lightweight pockets that attach anywhere along a strap or belt, requiring just 2 inches of strap space. They use a patented clip to provide a secure, no-slip, no-bounce, and comfortable fit.
They are easy to install and offer easy access to your smartphone, keeping it always accessible and secure from theft while you hike, travel, commute, or simply walk around town. The fabric is lightweight and strong 1000D waterproof Cordura. StrapPacks can be installed on either right and left shoulder straps. You can even install multiple StrapPacks on a single strap.
- Belt loop webbing
- Patented Clakit Clip
- 1000D water-resistant nylon
- Attaches to your backpack shoulder strap, belt, or any strap up to 3″ wide
- Brand: Clakit
- There is a lot of velcro and its good velcro
- The clips are sturdy
- No chance of the phone falling out
- Easy to access your phone
- Unable to charge your phone with the pack without leaving the cover/flap open
7. Nomader Collapsible Water Bottle
Nomader Collapsible Water Bottle makes on-the-go hydration easy and enjoyable for your travels and active lifestyle. Made of thick and flexible BPA-free silicone, the reusable Nomader water bottle maintains its sturdy feel for a comfortable drinking experience, yet it conveniently rolls up or squashes down when space is tight. Attached multi-function strap secures the flask in its folded position and makes it easy to carry when you’re on-the-go.
The patented screw cap design ensures a secure, airtight seal when closed and controlled intake when open. In between sips, the hinged cap doubles as a hygienic spout cover, preventing germs from getting onto the mouthpiece and into your drink–handy for when traveling, spending time outdoors, at the gym, or for kids at school. Made of all food-grade materials, free of BPA, BPS, lead, phthalates, and other leaching chemicals.
- 11 stylish colors
- BPA-free, food-grade safe
- Sealing twist cap
- Brand: Nomader
- It really does stand up even though it is silicon
- Rolls up as advertised, very easy to do, works, no problem
- Small diameter means that it fits in regular cup holders
- Rigid collar can be moved easily, but doesn’t move on it’s own
- No insulation
8. BOOSTEADY Kit of 30 Attachments for Molle Backpack
This BOOSTEADY Kit of 30 Attachments for Molle Backpack combines the best accessories for your tactical gear and molle webbing bags. Each item is selected for: durability, speed to open/close, can be used in dirt and sand, sturdy nylon, and non-rusty metal. The D- ring locking is designed to be the most practical to use, so you will be able to quickly remove or add equipment on the MOLLE bags. These clips secure straps to molle material with a secure snap
This tactical web dominator is designed to assist operators in securing their loose nylon web straps and to help tie down any items that you don’t want hanging loose off your kit. The Web Dominator is the perfect solution to secure your hydration tube or comms gear in a custom position to suit your own personal set up. The elastic cord knot can be modified for securing large or small items or bundles of webbing. Love MOLLE? Check out our review of the best MOLLE backpacks for our top picks.
- D-ring Grimlock locking
- Web dominator elastic strings
- Strap management tool buckle
- Lightweight thick plastic
- Brand: BOOSTEADY
- The webbing holds the non-MOLLE gear in place
- The buckles hold the webbing tight
- Sturdy enough for recreational use
- The pouch adapters are great and slip over the webbing easily
- The web dominator shock cord is far too long
9. Pacsafe 55L Backpack and Bag Protector
Available in 55L, 120L, and 140L sizes, the Pacsafe 55L Backpack and Bag Protector is the original Pacsafe product designed to help keep your gear safe. The patented 360-degree eXomesh locking system is an adjustable high-tensile stainless steel device that locks closed and locks to a secure fixture. Sized to secure a backpack, duffel bag, or soft-sided luggage up to 55 liters, 120 liters, or 140 liters in volume, the bag protector will help give you peace of mind when you lock it and leave it.
It comes with a padlock and carry pouch, making it easy to fold down and carry the bag protector. Pacsafe keeps travelers one step ahead of the game by keeping their gear secure from opportunistic thieves with a wide range of stylish adventure backpacks, leisure bags, urban bags, women’s bags, and camera bags, as well as luggage and travel accessories. Don’t forget to also check our guide to the best anti-theft travel backpacks.
- Patented stainless steel eXomesh locking system
- Comes with padlock
- Carry pouch for easy packing
- Locks closed and locks to secure fixture
- Brand: Pacsafe
- It’s cutproof as the braided steel cables are like garage door cable
- Can switch out the lock with a combination lock so no keys are needed
- Surprisingly durable
- Easy to use
- Cinch the bag down as tightly as you can
10. Osprey Packs Osprey Ultralight Packliner
When you’re spending multiple days in the mountains, there’s a solid chance you’re going to encounter some wet weather at some point. When the rain finally strikes, protect your gear with Osprey Packs Osprey Ultralight Packliner. These waterproof, ultralight, and ultra-packable liners fit seamlessly into your pack to keep your gear dry, and they pack up super small for easy storage when skies are clear.
Backpacks are just the beginning of the journey. Osprey makes gear-carrying solutions – big and small. Before your gear ends up in a pack, these smartly designed accessories allow you to pack more efficiently, stay better organized, and find and grab the gear you need when you need it. You may also be interested in some of the best ultralight backpacks from our list, so check them out.
- Roll-top waterproof closure
- Waterproof-coated fabric and seams
- Rectangular shape for efficient packing
- Brand: Osprey
- It is made of totally waterproof coated nylon ripstop fabric
- The oval shaped bottom allows it to fit better in a standard shaped backpack
- Works great
- A little pricey
We hope this guide was helpful for finding the best backpack accessories. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this guide, feel free to let us know in the comments section.